This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Help with Phonon and Gstreamer

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
zakhrov
Registered Member
OS

Help with Phonon and Gstreamer

Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:05 pm
There is one annoying problem I keep getting with my Phonon application when on the GStreamer backend.
The application is supposed to play a list of video files automatically loading the next file when the previous one is over.
However with the GStreamer backend, the file currently playing stops a few seconds before the actual end of the file and the next one starts playing. This also happens if there is only one file in the list. It stops prematurely.
This happens at runtime and I keep getting the following message:

Code: Select all
Starting /home/aaron/MCA_Progs/WebPhonon-build-desktop-Qt_4_8_1_in_PATH__System__Release/WebPhonon...
   Aborting aboutToFinish handling.

** (WebPhonon:6604): WARNING **: gstvideo: failed to get caps of pad xvimagesink0:sink

This does not happen when I use the VLC backend. Neither does it happen in DragonPlayer when using the GStreamer backend. What could be the problem?
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Help with Phonon and Gstreamer

Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:17 am
Which exact version of the backend do you use?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
zakhrov
Registered Member
OS

Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:00 am
I'm using Phonon 4.7.1 with the GStreamer 0.10 backend from the OpenSUSE repositories. The same thing happens with the Phonon 4.6 and GStreamer 0.10 on Kubuntu 12.04 LTS
The full code is here https://github.com/Zakhrov/WebPhonon.git
The code for going to the next file is:
Code: Select all
connect(med,SIGNAL(aboutToFinish()),this,SLOT(next()));
void MainWindow::next()
{

this->on_actionFoward_triggered();
}

void MainWindow::on_actionFoward_triggered()
{
    int index=sources.indexOf(med->currentSource())+1;

if(sources.size()>index)
       {
            med->setCurrentSource(sources.at(index));
            this->on_actionPlay_triggered();
       }
}

replacing the aboutToFinish() signal with the finished() signal takes care of the playback problem but the gstvideo warning still appears
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:11 pm
You should upgrade, there is a newer release of the phonon backend that uses the gstreamer 1.x library

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...