This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

CD-TEXT

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
johnathan
Registered Member

CD-TEXT

Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:51 am
Hi
I use K3b with OpenSuSe for all my disk requirements with great success.
In the "Current Project" pane at the bottom of the screen window I have a complete list of tracks with all the CD-TEXT eg Track No , Artist, Title and Length.

Is there any way to access this data and transfer it to a text file for use in a "text editor"
If you can help please be aware that my technical knowledge is limited.

John
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: CD-TEXT  Topic is solved

Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:39 pm
You can export metadata from files with kid3 IIRC

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
johnathan
Registered Member

Re: CD-TEXT

Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:57 pm
Mamarok wrote:You can export metadata from files with kid3 IIRC

Many thanks
Struggled with some of the Syntax but got everything I needed in the End
I had burnt my CD's already, but I had left the Ogg files on the hard drive, Kid3 processes local files not CD files.

Regards

John
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:56 am
Well, since one usually burns CDs as Read-only there is nothing you can do about that afterwards. And you can't edit anything on a CD directly, that needs to be done before burning, even if the CD is RW

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
johnathan
Registered Member

Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:58 am
Mamarok wrote:Well, since one usually burns CDs as Read-only there is nothing you can do about that afterwards. And you can't edit anything on a CD directly, that needs to be done before burning, even if the CD is RW

I was just printing a list of the contents not editing so there was no problem.
I just transferred the clipboard output to a spreadsheet in Libreoffice and it worked.
Thinking about it afterwards I could have ripped the tracks to Ogg files if the original files had be deleted.

Many thanks.
Regards
John