This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How can I get Dragon Player to play files from the start

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
chylee
Registered Member
OS
I would like Dragon Player to always play media files from the beginning. If I play a video file and close the package before it get to the end of the video. When I play the same video file again it start from the point previous stop.

Is there some sort of setting that I can change so the player stops doing that?
google01103
Manager
I don't see an option to control this, the rc file for the app dragonplayerrc retains a position for recently played files

Code: Select all
[file:///home/moi/MyMedia/test-file.avi]
AudioChannel=1
Brightness=0
Contrast=0
Date=14/02/2014
Hue=0
IsVideo=true
Position=259442
Saturation=0

you could write a script that changed all occurrences of Position= to 0 when the app was closed or find an alternative that doesn't retain the last position like Kaffeine (iirc) and there should be players that have the option to retain or not like sMplayer

you could also file a wish request on bugs.kde.org if one does not already exist

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

Mamarok
Manager
OS
That is a very welcome feature, I like Dragonplayer for this :)

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...