This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Phonon lost Audio Hardware tab and KMix became annoying

Tags: kmix, phonon, audio hardware tab, missing kmix, phonon, audio hardware tab, missing kmix, phonon, audio hardware tab, missing
(comma "," separated)
dlsniper
Registered Member
Hi,

I'm running KUbuntu 14.04 with KDE Platform Version 4.13.2 and kernel 3.15.
I'm not sure what I've did to have this but please help me revert it to the previous, default look and functionality
http://imgur.com/UD88dgz (sorry, even with a resolution of 710px wide, I couldn't link the image here due to a bug in the forum :( ).

Currently I've lost HMDI audio output and "Internal Mic Boost" will activate all by itself along with the "Internal Mic" and cause a massive annoying screeching sound until I manage to turn them off again.

Pretty please tell me this just some stupid package I've installed from somewhere and it's not the new default.

Thank you very much for your time and help.

Kind regards
dlsniper
Registered Member
I've tried with dpkg --purge --force-depends phonon kmix but it didn't helped unfortunately.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Check in the Systemsettings -> Multimedia -> Audio and Video Settings -> Audio Hardware Setup tab, might be that something got lost in the Profile there.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
apachelogger
KDE Developer
OS
sudo apt-get install pulseaudio pulseaudio-module-x11

then reboot

Annoyed with bbcode since 1999.
dlsniper
Registered Member
Hi,

Thanks for the fast replies.
Unfortunately I don't have the Audio Hardware Setup tab if I go the System Settings way and apt-get reports that I have the latest pulseaudio and module-x11 installed already.

Kind regards
apachelogger
KDE Developer
OS
Then you somehow disabled pulseaudio.

Annoyed with bbcode since 1999.
dlsniper
Registered Member
I'm not sure how or why it happened but the thing that seems to have fixed was to delete the ~/.config/pulse directory and restart the computer. Thanks for the time and help.