This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Problem with KDE packages following an update

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Abdelrahman Magdy
Registered Member
Hi there,
I am using Kubuntu 14.04, with KDE 4.13.97. Recently, Muon Update Manager notified me about some updates, so I installed them. However, for some reason, they uninstalled Krita, along with other KDE packages such as kdenlive, and I am now unable to reinstall them. Each time I try doing so, I get this message:
Code: Select all
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 krita : Depends: calligra-libs (= 1:2.8.1-1-0ubuntu3) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
How can I fix this problem???
toad
Global Moderator
OS
Hi,

best go on kubuntuforums.net, post your problem and list all the repos you have enabled.

Hope that helps.

Debian testing
Mamarok
Manager
OS
I have Kubuntu with KDE 4.13.97 here and don't see that problem, how about refreshing the update and do a dist-upgrade? I still have Krita and Calligra and nothing was removed that was not replaced by a newer version, except for a few libraries that are not used anymore.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Abdelrahman Magdy
Registered Member
I solved the problem. There was an issue with a package called libmarblewidget18. Somehow, during the update, it was removed and another package called libmarblewidget19 was installed. For some reason, I was unable to reinstall libmarblewidget18 as I do usually, so I had to force it to install the stable version. I did this using Muon Package Manager by selecting the package, going to the Versions tab, double-clicking the desired version, and choosing Force Install.

Then, I tried installing calligra-libs. This time, everything went ok. It only had to uninstall libmarblewidget19, and after that Krita was installed with no problem at all.
toad
Global Moderator
OS
Nice one :)

Debian testing