This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Video player that can adjust playback speed?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ahameer
Registered Member
I'm trying to find a video player for KDE that will let me slow down or speed up videos while I'm watching them. So far, none of Dragon Player, Kaffeine, KPlayer, KMPlayer, and Bangarang seem to have this feature. Could somebody point me in the right direction?
Mamarok
Manager
OS
They don't have it because those are just players, not editors, changing the speed is something you mostly use in video editing. Try having a look at Kdenlive instead.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
google01103
Manager
try sMplayer (QT based) or VLC

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

ahameer
Registered Member
I didn't want to permanently change the playback speed, and this is a feature that even Windows Media Player has, so I thought it would be a lot easier to find an alternative here without resorting to VLC. SMPlayer does it (though it's also pretty ugly), so I'll be trying both that and VLC. Thanks!
google01103
Manager
you could also look at umPlayer, a fork of sMplayer iirc

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x