This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Screenshot of a program including the dropdown menu

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
aarelovich
Registered Member
Hi

I was wondering If I could take a screenshot of a program using KSnapShot that includes a dropdown menu. My experience is that when in a dropdown menu, the global shortcuts are ignored (I changed the global print screen shortcut to ksnapshot -c) and it does not trigger when a dropdown menu is active (Say Help in Kate).

I'm using Debian Jessie x64 with KDE 4.14.2

Thanks for any help.
M4he
Registered Member
OS
You could just open up KSnapshot, set up a delay of a few seconds and click on "Take a New Snapshot". The KSnapshot window will hide and you can open the dropdown menu you wish to capture. After the specified delay the KSnapshot window will reappear and present the taken screenshot to you.
aarelovich
Registered Member
I've never seen the specify delay option. How do I do this?
M4he
Registered Member
OS
Open up KSnapshot.
There's a label which says "Snapshot delay:", right next to it there's an entry box which per default says "No delay".
There are two arrows at the right end of this entry box. Click on the arrow pointing up repeatedly to increase the delay by one second each.
If you have a sufficient delay selected (e.g. let's say 10 seconds), press the "Take a New Snapshot" button above.
The KSnapshot window will hide and after the delay (10 seconds in our case) a screenshot is taken automatically of the screen content at that time.
Afterwards the KSnapshot window reappears and you can save the screenshot with the corresponding butttons.
aarelovich
Registered Member
It worked!!!

Thank you very much!!!!