This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KWave says PulseAudio device is unknown ...

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rcameron
Registered Member
OS
The audio on my installation appears working fine for everything else (so far as I've noticed) but I recently installed KWave, and here there is a problem.

I loaded a file, attempted to play it, and got an 'error sound' with an error box with a message beginning as above, in the Subject line. In other words, the sound file fails to play.

??? What must be configured to allow KWave to recognize, or connect with, PulseAudio?

System information:
Linux Mint 17.3 | KDE Platform Version 4.14.2, and
Linux Mint 18.0 | KDE Platform Version 5.28.0
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Hm, not sure KWave people are using this forum yet, at least not according to this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/kwave/support

So I think it would make sense to ask them first.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
rcameron
Registered Member
OS
Mamarok wrote:Hm, not sure KWave people are using this forum yet, ... So I think it would make sense to ask them first.
Thanks for the speedy reply! Yes, I was puzzled that there was no subforum directly related to KWave ... so I shall take your suggestion.

[Edit: KWave support:
Was that ever hard to find! There are two authors, and an active support section is only in one of their names.]

System information:
Linux Mint 17.3 | KDE Platform Version 4.14.2, and
Linux Mint 18.0 | KDE Platform Version 5.28.0