This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

No sound in headphones in Plasma 5

Tags: plasma 5, headphones, audio, sound plasma 5, headphones, audio, sound plasma 5, headphones, audio, sound
(comma "," separated)
laffer
Registered Member

No sound in headphones in Plasma 5

Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:58 pm
Hello.

I am having a weird issue with Plasma 5. If I set the built-in sound card's "Connector" in KDE Audio and Video Settings to "Headphones", I hear no sound in my headphones. However, if I set the connector to "Speakers" and leave the headphone jack in, there IS sound in headphones. If I disconnect the headphones jack and I set the connector to "Speakers", I hear sound from the laptop's speakers. Why is there no sound coming from the headphones if the connector is set to "Headphones"?
This is very annoying, because whenever I disconnect the headphones jack and reconnect it, it defaults to "Headphones" and I have to manually set the connector to "Speakers" to get sound in my headphones. I did not have this issue in KDE 4 (the same computer).

Distribution: openSUSE Tumbleweed
KDE Plasma Version: 5.3.2 (the problem occurs in 5.2 and 5.1 as well, don't know about the earlier versions)
Qt version: 5.4.2
Kernel: 4.0.5-4-desktop