This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Pulseaudio integration in Plasma

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Kendos Kenlen
Registered Member

Pulseaudio integration in Plasma

Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:27 pm
Hi,

I'm an user of Exherbo and I compiled and installed Pulseaudio and KDE, and the flag pulseaudio is set for the entire system.
I've installed Kmix and Plasma-pa on my system, and both of them are well installed. I've installed pavucontrol too to manage Pulse AUdio
Now, I want to manage PA from kde, and without using pavucontrol as KDE offers an integration to manage it.

My problem is : when I want to use plasma-pa (using the section in settings), I just have an message saying that no options are available. In Kmix, who should offer a per-application management of the sound (if I remember well), I have only alsamixer-like controls. When I go in Kmix configuration, the Volume Feedback is not available with the message "Volume Feedback is only available for Pulseaudio".

However, in pavucontrol, I can control PA without problem. So PA is well installed, and I'm sure that Plasma is well built with pulseaudio flag (as kmix) and plasma-pa is well installed in the system.

Plasma and Kmix are well linked with pulseaudio (or appear to be well linked) :
Code: Select all
`--> ldd /usr/bin/plasmashell | grep pulse
        libpulse.so.0 => /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/lib64/libpulse.so.0 (0x00007f63b4ba1000)
        libpulse-mainloop-glib.so.0 => /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/lib64/libpulse-mainloop-glib.so.0 (0x00007f63b499d000)
        libpulsecommon-7.0.so => /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/lib/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-7.0.so (0x00007f63b4719000)

ldd /usr/bin/kmix | grep pulse                               
        libpulse.so.0 => /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/lib64/libpulse.so.0 (0x00007f9e8b48b000)
        libpulse-mainloop-glib.so.0 => /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/lib64/libpulse-mainloop-glib.so.0 (0x00007f9e8b287000)
        libpulsecommon-7.0.so => /usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/lib/pulseaudio/libpulsecommon-7.0.so (0x00007f9e83ccd000)

I asked on my distro channel and in kde' one, but nobody was able to help me.
So, as nobody was able to help me, I hope I'll found some help here.

Thank you for your time, I hope you'll help me :)

Sincerely,
St??phane ANCELOT
Registered Member
OS
is the process pulseaudio running ?