This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

"Kamera" is not showing.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Arran
Registered Member
OS

"Kamera" is not showing.

Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:37 am
Hello
I still use 14.04-1 as my daily OS. There I can connect my camera (Fujifilm X20) by USB-cable to the system and I then can download the pics without any further ado onto the choosen directory. A truly great small tool.

Now, I have made a parallel installation using 14.04-5. However, I can install Kamera (sudo apt-get install kamera) and the installation seemingly works. Later, when I want to check the installation and type «kamera» in the console, I get as respose: "The command «kamera» is not found". With sudo apt-get install kamera, I receive «kamera is alredy the newest version».
A simple connection from the camera with the computer offers digiKam, Gwenview or Dolphin. digiKam is for this a much too heavy a program (the normal download with Kamera would usually be finished before digiKam would have finished starting... :D ), Gwenview shows me all the pics what I dont want and Dolphin is just not my preferred program, I fancy much more Krusader.

Has anybody any idea why this problem exists?

Best greetings from Scotland's nicest holiday island.
Kubuntu 18.04, 64 bits, Nvidia 4800GS, 8MB Ram, 4 core, HP Monitor 2550 x 1600 pixels.