This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

USB audio interface - no bass!

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
flyingsquirrel
Registered Member

USB audio interface - no bass!

Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:29 pm
Hello everyone :) ,

I'm using Linux Mint 18 KDE at the moment. At first I was pretty happy, because my focusrite 18i20 interface worked out of the box with pulseaudio (which hasn't been the case in 17.3 XFCE) but then I noticed that the bass is missing entirely. I think a reason could be that I'm just using two outputs (stereo) while pulseaudio thinks it's a multichannel output (7.1). I tried using a **** two channel interface and it didn't sound filtered.
Maybe pulseaudio applies a high-pass filter to the front speakers by default because it assumes that I'm using a subwoofer? I've already set the "lfe-crossover-freq" to 0 in the daemon.conf but that didn't help. Are there any possibilities to filter/EQ audio in KDE that could be turned on accidentally?

I posted this in the Linux Mint Forums first. Here's a link to the thread: https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic. ... 8&t=232101
The last thing I did was measuring the frequency response to identify the problem. It looks like a 2nd order High-Pass-Filter at about 150 to 160 Hz.

It would be great if someone could help me solving this!
Thanks in advance and best wishes!

PS: Apart from that I really like KDE! I switched to it because it's the home of many applications which are so much better than the equivalent of the gnome-world... Especially Kontact and Kate, but Kdenlive is also great and KMahjongg of course ;D . It's pretty difficult to make them work flawlessly in a non KDE environment without installing the whole desktop so I decided to just try the whole thing ;) . Dolphin is awesome too - I love this F4 feature!!
coradias
Registered Member

Re: USB audio interface - no bass!

Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:57 pm
Hi...i am a new user here. As per my knowledge there are a number of issues to resolve where bass response is involved. In particular, WITH, the driver is sending the bass. IOW, this could be LFE, Surround Sound or 3D Control Depth problem or maybe just PCM is so low that bass gets left out.

pcb assembly house