This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Functionality of 'Peak Detect' in PulseAudio Volume Control?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rcameron
Registered Member
OS
Two questions, please:
    1. What function does this control serve? I do sometimes get distortion on program material especially at certain audio frequencies that I have 'peaked' using the pulse audio system-wide equalizer (qpaeq). If this is applicable, how would one go about determining the setting?
    2. The Peak Detect slider/control usually appears more than once in the KDE Volume Control view. By this I mean, between two and six repetitions. Is this normal, and is it dependent upon having other options showing at the same time, such as qpaeq and the 'detailed version' of the PulseAudio volume control?
    If this should be correct, does it mean it's being applied independently for each recurrence?

I have searched for the term 'Peak Detect' on both the KDE forum, and the 'web' in general, using both Google and DuckDuckGo for the latter. Neither produced relevant 'hits' so I was hoping someone here may be able to clarify the matter.

Thanks!

System information:
Linux Mint 17.3 | KDE Platform Version 4.14.2, and
Linux Mint 18.0 | KDE Platform Version 5.28.0
rcameron
Registered Member
OS
rcameron wrote:I have searched for the term 'Peak Detect' on both the KDE forum, and the 'web' in general, using both Google and DuckDuckGo for the latter. Neither produced relevant 'hits' so I was hoping someone here may be able to clarify the matter.!

??? Please advise, is there a different forum that would be better for an answer on this point?

System information:
rcameron
Registered Member
OS
rcameron wrote:
rcameron wrote:...
??? Please advise, is there a different forum that would be better for an answer on this point?

Bump?

System information: