This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Pulseaudio

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sschmidt
Registered Member

Pulseaudio

Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:13 am
Hi,
I use audio in two ways: a) I listen to music by headphones = analog audio, b) I listen music by a soundbar connected by fibre glass cable = digital audio. So, I have the need to change the audio output from analog to digital or opposite. When I type "pulseaudio" in the menu search area I will get the software and I can add it to the Favorites. But it won't be stored there. When I reboot the computer Pulseaudio is disappeared.
What can I do that Pulseaudio will be part of the Favorites permanently? Or is there another easy way to change analog to digital output?
I have installed the recent version of KDE Neon. By the way if I pin Pulseaudio to the Taskbar it won't work.
Kind regards,
Sigurd
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Pulseaudio

Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:40 am
Pulseaudio is built in to Plasma, you do not have to install it separately, you can simply access the settings through the system settings -> Multimedia -> Audio Volume

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
sschmidt
Registered Member

Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:24 pm
Hi Mamarok,
I know that. But I would like to have it directly in the Favorites for quick launch. And I can put it there. But only for the session. When I reboot the computer Pulseaudio is no longer in the Favorites. How can I keep it in the Favorites for ever?
Kind regards,
Sigurd
sweasy
Registered Member

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:21 pm
Try Pulseaudio Volume Control; I think the package is pavucontrol. I keep it pinned to my dock, it is useful for volume control (of course), and also switching from computer audio to chromecast to whatever on the fly.