This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Hello

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Arran
Registered Member
OS

Hello

Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:51 pm
I am installing Kubuntu 17.10 and have serious problems with Kaffeine.

Kaffeine is installed, the firmware for my satellite card, lib/firmware/dvb-ttpci-01.fw, is copied to /lib/firmware.
When I now run anything, be that a dvd, an avi or anything else, I get the sound but no video-signals.
Also, it seems the satellite is not found at all. No sign to install the location of the satellite nor can I rund a transponder search.
On my working OS, Kubuntu 14.04-5 all is in best order.

Can someone please help me?
Kaffeine is very important for me, as my wife and I use it to watch TV.

Best greetings from Scotland's nicest holiday island.
Kubuntu 18.04, 64 bits, Nvidia 4800GS, 8MB Ram, 4 core, HP Monitor 2550 x 1600 pixels.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Hello

Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:50 pm
AFAIK Kaffeine uses its own forum, you might want to have a look there. You should be able to find its address in the help section of Kaffeine.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Arran
Registered Member
OS

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:19 pm
Hello Mamarok

Thanks. However see here:
https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=123209, where I was told to write all Kaffeine questions in this Forum.

Kubuntu 18.04, 64 bits, Nvidia 4800GS, 8MB Ram, 4 core, HP Monitor 2550 x 1600 pixels.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:23 pm
oh, thanks for point me to that, you are right. I was not aware of that. I wonder if there are any Kaffeine people active in this forum, though.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Arran
Registered Member
OS

Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:30 pm
Thanks for your reply.
«MeToo« are wondering if there will be anybody. I did find one or two who use Kaffeine in Facebook but it seems they are people making learned guesses. Up to now (Friday late afternoon) nothing notably has really emerged, except that FB is not a great platform for a serious discussion. People there tend to read one ore two postings and then they commence writing regardless what stands above I mentioned at least twice the fact that Kaffeine works perfect on my working horse 14.04-5 but it seem in my test version 17.10 it seems it does not even recognise the allimportant satellite card. The rest of the application works.

Maybe I have to find another solution, but as being able to watch international satellite TV inclusive 2 scrambled channel, (Austrian and Swiss national TV). I have for both the legal smartcard. Just so say, on the main TV, a SONY, both cards work perfectly, unfortunately I can not record anything, what again, works perfect with Kaffeine and Avidemux-qt.

I thought I read a couple of month ago in Pro-Linux, that KDE has decided to put new efforts into Kaffeine, however I can not find any relevant Info about this.

I made a screenshot of the channel search in both editions, where the difference is clearly obvious. But how can I show them here?

PS the point I made in my entry post re «no video only sound» is now solved. I think it was by installing more software, rather then me doing it by know-how. >:D