This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Solved. Big problem with Kaffeine

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Arran
Registered Member
OS

Solved. Big problem with Kaffeine

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:53 pm
Hello
First, I am still with Kubuntu 14.04-5 and the version on Kaffeine is Version 1.3-git, KDE 4.13.3, I am using the PPA from aap-kaffeine-trusty.
I reinstalled my Operating System due to various reason. I keep it on a SSD, and all my date on seperate 4 HDs.

Up to now when I wanted to watch Satellite TV I had no problems. But since this new installation, I get nothing. I can not even make a search as there is no list of the satellites at all. I am aware, the to do a search of all channels, the interface from Kaffeine has to be closed.

I made a picture to illustrate this: open Kaffeine, on the menue choose TV/Fernsehen, then on Channels/Kanäle. Now, concentrate on the middle column. On top you are told that you are at the Channel Search/Kanalsuche. Quelle means search. But in that field just under «Source» is usually a list with all the Satellites and their channels. But this list is missing. Consequently I can not start the search with the following bit. Of course, the firmware is correctly installed. The decoder card is from TechnoTrend.

Please open the link, there is a screen shot from my situation.

Many thanks for your support.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p7viulj6xytru ... e.png?dl=0

Last edited by Arran on Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Best greetings from Scotland's nicest holiday island.
Kubuntu 18.04, 64 bits, Nvidia 4800GS, 8MB Ram, 4 core, HP Monitor 2550 x 1600 pixels.
Arran
Registered Member
OS

Re: Big problem with Kaffeine  Topic is solved

Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:31 pm
Hello
The «big problem» was seated in front of the screen. I just forget that the selection of the satellites is in another window ...
Hence we could close this topic.

Best greetings from Scotland's nicest holiday island.
Kubuntu 18.04, 64 bits, Nvidia 4800GS, 8MB Ram, 4 core, HP Monitor 2550 x 1600 pixels.