This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

kmix set default values

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
apache
Registered Member
OS

kmix set default values

Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:44 am
Each time I log in I need to make PCM move to 100 value because sound is too low. I have option Startup → Restore volumes on desktop startup active (marked). I want to set it in some configuration file so that it doesn't change. I want to change volume only with Master because I use keyboard shortcut for it. This would be the most convenient way to manage it. I had to remove PulseAudio.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: kmix set default values

Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:12 am
Hm, unless you use a very, very old distribution where Pulseaudio is not integrated, this is a bad idea. Please specify your distribution and Plasma version

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
apache
Registered Member
OS

Re: kmix set default values

Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:49 am
It is Plasma 5.8.9 on Kubuntu 16.04. Unfortunately I need to use it because of another application that I have to use in the specific version that is on 16.04.

PulseAudio was very buggy on this release so I had to uninstall it.
I repeatedly got the error message:
https://i.imgur.com/lmpiQIK.png

It is not a big problem. I can live with it but I imagined it will be as easy as to edit some configuration file to set PCM fixed value.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: kmix set default values  Topic is solved

Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:15 pm
how about updating your distribution? The current release is 18.04, and you would get also a newer plasma. Removing an essential component of the sound stack is really not a good idea...

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...