This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE no audio devices detected

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Dalinar
Registered Member
OS

KDE no audio devices detected

Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:15 pm
I cant get my audio working with KDE, all the devices are detected in KMix, but plasma doesnt detect any audio input/output devices
Im probably making some rookie mistake but any help would be very much appreciated.

Screenshots:
https://imgur.com/a/HDKMqS7

Im thinking it might be something to do with the phonon back end but no clue how to fix...
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: KDE no audio devices detected

Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:24 pm
How about a bit more details about your distribution and Plasma version to narrow down the problem? Also, what kind of audio devices are you talking about, and did you modify anything from the initial installation?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Dalinar
Registered Member
OS
Mamarok wrote:How about a bit more details about your distribution and Plasma version to narrow down the problem? Also, what kind of audio devices are you talking about, and did you modify anything from the initial installation?

Thanks for the response, however, I managed to solve my problem by adding the "pulseaudio" to my global USE flags then remerging the world set and using the kde-apps-meta package instead of the indivisual metas I was using

\^.^/