This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE keeps cranking my volume up to the max without asking

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
baxksterjohnmoli
Registered Member
Hi,

I'm having the most annoying problem where the volume constantly gets reset to max, no matter what I set or do.
I don't know which version of KDE this is, how can I find that out?
I'm using Debian 9 (Stretch / Stable), newest version.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
In a Konsole, type
Code: Select all
 plasmashell --version
to know the version.
Also, a bit more information about the application where this happens with would be helpful, as well as your sound system (built-in speakers, externals, headphone, sound card/s, does the volume increase happen an all setups?).
When does the volume increase happen, after which action?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
baxksterjohnmoli
Registered Member
plasmashell 5.8.6

I'm not sure what cranks it up to max, but it definitely does not remember the volume I set, I keep turning it down.
Now I'm trying to reproduce it and it seemed to be that playing something on VLC would set it to maximum. Now I suspect that it is a periodic event, that something in the system always sets the volume to maximum after a while, because whenever I play something, I know that I have to turn down the volume, because again, it is set to 100%
I'm working a lot at public work spaces and it is super annoying and disruptive, as from time to time, the thing slips through and is super loud.
I wondered already if I should write a script that remembers what I set and keeps setting the volume to that, countering it. It would also be great if KDE could remember the volume across reboots.
daret
Registered Member