This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KXStitch

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dtalmadge
Registered Member
OS

KXStitch

Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:03 am
Hello,

I am a user of the KXStitch program under Manjaro [an Arch derivative] through the AUR repository. After some time away due to health issues, I have returned to using KXStitch. However, I have found that KXStitch cannot recognize any of it's saved files. I get the following error message:

"The file does not appear to be a recognized cross stitch file."

Even if I create a brand new file; save it, then try to open it either directly through "File Open ...", or through the "Open recent ..." dialogs, this error message comes up.

Currently, I am saving all my work in the Library Manager. It's the only way I am able to access my saved work.

I have already tried uninstalling the program [and all config and setting files] and reinstalled from scratch, but the problem still exists.

In addition, I have downloaded and installed a flatpak variation, as well as directly from the KDE.org/KXStitch page, and I get this error in all of these variations of the program.

Thank you!
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: KXStitch  Topic is solved

Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:46 am
Could you please file a bug for that at https://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?form ... t=kxstitch, indicating also your exact plasma version and whether you save the files locally or not.
The forum is not a good place to file bugs I am afraid.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...