This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Logitech USB Headset doe not work

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
stoneypointe
Registered Member

Logitech USB Headset doe not work

Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:58 pm
Hi there
I am running KDE Neon 5.17 on a mac mini
When I connect a Logitech USB Headset it is recognized by the system but it does not work.
I am setting it as default input and output but the sound of any application that I use comes out via the computer speaker.

Thank you
Mamarok
Manager
OS
The setting is probably not applied, depending on the application, especially if it is a non-KDE one like e.g. Chrome or Firefox.

Click on the volume button in the System Tray and check the output in the Applications tab.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
stoneypointe
Registered Member

Re: Logitech USB Headset doe not work

Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:34 pm
Hi
Thank you for replying. When i click on applications I see the app playing audio and under devices, logitech is set to default but the sound card plays audio. If I connect regular headsets to the 3.5 mm, of course, they work.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
in the application part, while the app is playing, check the button on the right (the one with three horizontal stripes that says "additional options for "appname"") and see if the headset is selected.
I have the same issue on Chromium with a bluetooth headset, despite it being set as default in Pulseaudio, Chromium doesn't use these settings, I have to manually select it there.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...