This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

What happen to audio settings?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
tpe
Registered Member
OS

What happen to audio settings?

Tue May 26, 2020 5:57 am
Recently I upgraded my Fedora 30 to 31.
Along with it came KDE Frameworks 5.60 and Plasma 5.17. And now I lost the configuration settings of the audio devices.
In the "old" days, in the multimedia settings, we could set the priority of devices and thus I had set my "conference" headphones as priority 1 for communication, speakers for all other tasks and my bluetooth headphones for music and firefox. Now, I cannot find those settings. Are they removed from the settings panel or I need to install a package or something similar?
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: What happen to audio settings?

Wed May 27, 2020 11:29 am
That is weird, you can set a default device in the System Settings, and then choose depending on the application which device you want to use (provided the application is running).
You can also always choose the setting from the System Tray volume button and change the application output there. If you can't see those settings, maybe something is wrong in your installatiion?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
tpe
Registered Member
OS

Thu May 28, 2020 5:24 pm
Just to clarify.
What I miss in my Fedora 31 is this:

[img]
https://pasteboard.co/JauzcyP.png
[/img]

Which was present in F30...
tpe
Registered Member
OS

Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:38 pm
No one?
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:05 pm
This was removed some time ago.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
tpe
Registered Member
OS

Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:32 pm
What a pity.
It was so amazingly good to configure everything from there. I could have my wireless headphones as output devices for Web conference tools, my speakers for anything else, other outputs for video and so on! So powerful and so helpful!
Section_8
Registered Member
OS

Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:08 pm
I have also looked for that dialog and noticed it's no longer in the system settings.

However, on my system, I have an application - /usr/bin/phononsettings - that still opens that dialog as a stand alone app. In my distro (gentoo) that binary is part of the phonon package.
tpe
Registered Member
OS

Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:04 am
I have it as well.
However, it list only the "PulseAudio Sound Server".
So, i miss it deary.