This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Default audio device does not persist across reboots

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
chefniko
Registered Member
When I reboot my system, the default audio device is not selected correctly. This morning, my headset is set to default, instead of my desktop speakers. This has been a problem for a while now, but it is getting better. In the last version of KDE I was running, it didn't even show my desktop speakers after a reboot until I restarted pulseaudio. Now they show up, so that's good progress, but the default device after a reboot should be the same as before the reboot.

I'll try updating my pulseaudio config files manually. That worked last time, so I imagine it will work again, but it should be unnecessary. :)

Kubuntu 21.04
Plasma: 5.21.4
Frameworks: 5.80.0
QT: 5.15
Kernel 5.11.0-16-generic x64
Mamarok
Manager
OS
I wonder if it is a typo that you have Frameworks 5.80.0 instead of 5.81.0...

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
chefniko
Registered Member

Here's a screenshot of where I got that information.

Update: Setting my default sink in the pulse audio config file does work. It shouldn't be necessary to do that, though. :)
Mamarok
Manager
OS
My bad, I enabled the backports PPA and forgot about.

As for the PA issue: you should file a bug report

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
chefniko
Registered Member