This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

plasma-pa audio flow bug

Tags: plasma-pa, bug, sound plasma-pa, bug, sound plasma-pa, bug, sound
(comma "," separated)
TheLightTwist
Registered Member

plasma-pa audio flow bug

Fri May 21, 2021 9:23 am
As far as I know, plasma-pa is the official plasmoid, but I have not found where to write with this problem.
Basically, every now and then when I open a window with volume control, I suddenly get a wild ringing sound coming out of my speakers. By method of elimination, it was discovered that for some reason, when I open the volume control window, my microphone leads directly to the output device, which causes feedback. This doesn't always happen, but if it does, it usually only helps to log in again.
I recently downloaded QjackCtl to solve another problem, but at the same time I saw what happens when I open it. The bottom rightmost device is my output to the built-in speakers.
As you can see, when I open the volume control window, the microphone (the device connected to the Chromium input) also starts to stream to the pulseeffects processor (i.e. the part that directly imposes all the effects on the sound), which in turn outputs to the speakers. What is interesting is that at this point if you open PulseEffects you can see that it recognizes the sound from the microphone.
What I also noticed is that every time the window is opened and this microphone problem occurs, Plasma PA has a bunch of inputs and outputs, you can see this by the abnormally large elements on the left and right (the missing parts are a visualization bug, not related to the problem). In normal behavior, after closing the volume control window, this element disappears, with problems with the microphone, some of the inputs and outputs just disappear
TheLightTwist
Registered Member

Re: plasma-pa audio flow bug

Fri May 21, 2021 9:27 am
Also, forgot to mention my specs:
Arch Linux 5.12.5
Plasma 5.21.5
Output of pipewire --version:
pipewire
Compiled with libpipewire 0.3.28
Linked with libpipewire 0.3.28
And OC I'm using PulseEffects