This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Zoom Client not detecting microphone & other audio question

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
freshflyingfish
Registered Member
Hi

I'm having problems with my audio setup.
I have an external microphone running through a Focusrite iTrack Solo audio interface.
The interface shows up in the Audio panel but the Zoom Client (which I must use for work) cannot detect the microphone.
The microphone does work in Audacity so I assume it's a permissions thing. Can someone please advise how I might correct the issue?

2. Is there anyway I can test/check the input and output levels from the Audio panel? Or is there other software that will do that job? I would like to test this before I join meetings or start presentations.

Thanks in advance.
James

Operating System: Ubuntu Studio 21.04
KDE Plasma Version: 5.21.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.80.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.11.0-17-lowlatency
OS Type: 64-bit
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 12 × Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-1650 v3 @ 3.50GHz
Memory: 31.3 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Quadro K2200/PCIe/SSE2
samsachaos
Registered Member
You can test your video and audio prior to the start of any meeting by joining a test call.
1. When you first join a meeting. Zoom will work to test your speakers automatically. If you don't hear the ringtone, use the drop down menu or click no to switch speakers until you hear the ringtone. Click Yes to continue to the microphone test.
2. Then zoom will ensure you can be verified by others by testing your connected microphone. If you don't hear an audio replay, use the drop down menu or click No to switch microphones until you hear the replay. Otherwise, click Yes.
3. Click Join with Computer Audio to finish testing and join the meeting.
freshflyingfish
Registered Member
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm ok with how to use the zoom client. My problem was with the audio setup on my system. I resolved it by changing various audio settings