This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Calander popup in clock widget unusable on light background

Tags: widget, light theme, breeze widget, light theme, breeze widget, light theme, breeze
(comma "," separated)
dogunbound
Registered Member
I use a light theme because why not and have found out that a lighter background affects light mode clock widget greatly!

Here is an image of the problem: https://imgur.com/gallery/vScsErk

In the first image, you can see that the text in the calendar is not visible because I am using a light theme and a light background.

The real problem is this:
A) no way to change the text color of the calendar widget popup.
B) doesn't auto-magically change it based on it being light mode and/or based on what the color of the background image is.

In the second image, I'm just displaying my entire desktop to show you the "light" wallpaper theme I am using.

Thank you for reading.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Which exact theme are you using? Not all themes are made by us, if there is a color problem it is very often a problem with a third-party theme and you need to take this to the theme author.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
dogunbound
Registered Member
https://imgur.com/gallery/mZBQywR

Gave you a neofetch. I'm basically using out of the box themes, style, colors, window decorations, fonts, and splash screen.

The only things I changed are icons (which shouldn't affect it), and the cursor (which shouldn't affect it either).

Code: Select all
[dogunbound@dogArch ~]$ neofetch
                   -`                    dogunbound@dogArch
                  .o+`                   ------------------
                 `ooo/                   OS: Arch Linux x86_64
                `+oooo:                  Host: X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING
               `+oooooo:                 Kernel: 5.15.7-arch1-1
               -+oooooo+:                Uptime: 1 hour, 22 mins
             `/:-:++oooo+:               Packages: 877 (pacman)
            `/++++/+++++++:              Shell: bash 5.1.12
           `/++++++++++++++:             Resolution: 3840x2160
          `/+++ooooooooooooo/`           DE: Plasma 5.23.4
         ./ooosssso++osssssso+`          WM: KWin
        .oossssso-````/ossssss+`         Theme: Breeze Light [Plasma], Breeze [GTK2/3]
       -osssssso.      :ssssssso.        Icons: ePapirus [Plasma], ePapirus [GTK2/3]
      :osssssss/        osssso+++.       Terminal: konsole
     /ossssssss/        +ssssooo/-       CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (16) @ 3.400GHz
   `/ossssso+/:-        -:/+osssso+-     GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
  `+sso+:-`                 `.-/+oso:    Memory: 5307MiB / 64294MiB
 `++:.                           `-/+/
 .`                                 `/                           

[dogunbound@dogArch ~]$
dzon
Registered Member
It's more than likely the theme. In the color settings, check complementary>normal text. I think if you change that, the cal numbers' color will change. But, I'm afraid the widget color as well will change to that new color. Of course, if you don't mind that.....
I'm afraid that, as far as desktop clocks go, there really aren't too many. Myself, I use the event calendar. That one you can use as clock alternative on your panel or as desktop widget. And, it's highly customizable.
Like so: Half of the capabilities of the widget aren't enabled here. But, there's weather, google services, timer...etc..https://imgur.com/a/5Cv4v5o
If you want to keep the breeze light color scheme, I suggest to copy the color scheme to ~/.local/share/color-schemes and rename it. What you're looking for is in the complementary section, ForegroundNormal.

This realm's name is Maya. And she speaks Hertz. But Ahamkara makes a fuzz about it.
dogunbound
Registered Member
Since this is all pure KDE stuff, so where do I put this post?

This is most probably a bug then. I don't know where to post bugs.
claydoh
Registered Member
OS
dogunbound wrote:Since this is all pure KDE stuff, so where do I put this post?

This is most probably a bug then. I don't know where to post bugs.

bugs.kde.org

https://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=plasmashell
And select the Digital Clock, as this is the widget with the problem.

It is worth noting that the widget, when used in the panel with the Breeze theme, seems to use a different text color (dark) than when the widget is used standalone on the desktop (white).

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001