This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Audio Issues

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kde-mobius
Registered Member

Audio Issues

Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:33 am
I'm running KDE Plasma and Debian on a raspberry pi 4, with everything fully updated. The pre-installed volume control doesn't work, and it won't recognize my monitor (with built-in speakers). Tried two other desktop environments and no issues at all. Works perfectly fine on those other two (won't mention which ones they are). Tried installing pulse audio, no fix. I'm using mini-HDMI to HDMI for output to my monitor from the Rpi4. Thought it might be an audio driver issue, but it doesn't appear to be. Audio works just fine on two other desktop environments. The volume widget in the control panel just displays a red X next to it, and if I go into my system settings into the hardware for audio, it's saying there are no devices connected. I'd really like to keep using KDE. It's my favorite desktop. Also, I'm very new to Linux and tech in general, so please take it easy on me.

P.S. From reading through all the forums, this post will probably be moved. I spent over 30 minutes trying to find the forum for issues. Couldn't find it. Read the CoC and FAQs, just basic info. KDE forum admins- Please make the issues/problems forum easier to find, then you won't have to constantly move posts to the proper forum.
parduspanteri
Registered Member

Re: Audio Issues

Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:26 pm
kde-mobius wrote:I'm running KDE Plasma and Debian on a raspberry pi 4, with everything fully updated. The pre-installed volume control doesn't work, and it won't recognize my monitor (with built-in speakers). Tried two other desktop environments and no issues at all. Works perfectly fine on those other two (won't mention which ones they are). Tried installing pulse audio, no fix. I'm using mini-HDMI to HDMI for output to my monitor from the Rpi4. Thought it might be an audio driver issue, but it doesn't appear to be. Audio works just fine on two other desktop environments. The volume widget in the control panel just displays a red X next to it, and if I go into my system settings into the hardware for audio, it's saying there are no devices connected. I'd really like to keep using KDE. It's my favorite desktop. Also, I'm very new to Linux and tech in general, so please take it easy on me.

P.S. From reading through all the forums, this post will probably be moved. I spent over 30 minutes trying to find the forum for issues. Couldn't find it. Read the CoC and FAQs, just basic info. KDE forum admins- Please make the issues/problems forum easier to find, then you won't have to constantly move posts to the proper forum.

Install pipewire instead of pulseaudio. I also had a sound problem and I solved it with pipewire.
kde-mobius
Registered Member

Re: Audio Issues  Topic is solved

Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:13 am
Okay, so I found the fix. It had nothing to do with KDE, but rather the boot config.txt file. I had to add "hdmi_drive=2" to the config.txt file.