This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

inactive cards in audio settings - what does it mean?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
software-twins
Registered Member
Hi !

I set up sound on my HP laptop with AMD Ruzen 5500U with Renoir Graphics. Operating system - Gentoo Linux. I didn't post my question on the Gentoo forum because I think the problem is more with KDE than with Gentoo.

I also tested the sound with alsa alsamixer/speaker-test and all work good, but in the list of audio devices in KDE settings I see the line

Inactive cards
Renoir Radeon High Definition Audio Controller

Screenshot is here available https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZgwXXbJmc9Jo58JxJ5v95PQlTLCDU1XN/view?usp=sharing

I would be grateful for information about what this means - the card drivers are inactive and I use the standard default drivers?

I successfull rebuilt the kernel with AMDGPU support and Renoir sound card ind it success boot without errors. I can give further output of aplay -l and aplay -L if it will neccessary

Thanks
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Did you try activating it in the Profile button? Normally you should just be able to switch it to an Audio profile

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
gscerb
Registered Member
KDE version 5.24.7
KDE frameworks 5.92.0
I have the same problem. Under Inactive cards my Radeon Renoir audio controller has: Profile: off
There is no option besides "off" in the dropdown.
In settings... Audio, I don't see any way to create an audio profile. How can I create an audio profile?