This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Disable Juk's Crossfade

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
SmilingSun2
Registered Member
OS

Disable Juk's Crossfade

Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:36 pm
How can i stop juk from cross fading all the tracks? i love the starting part of some tracks and this is ruining it :(

Edit: feature not available yet, will wait for 4.3 and use 3.5.9 in the mean time, i prefer kde3's play,pause,stop icons, they look a lot better so its ok :)

Last edited by SmilingSun2 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

RE: Disable Juk's Crossfade

Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:36 am
Now I know why the start of my songs are destroyed....

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
dberg918
Registered Member
OS

Re: Disable Juk's Crossfade

Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:44 pm
Is this being worked on or not? JuK is the only player that seems to work reasonably well in KDE4, but the hard-coded cross-fading is awful. Its default setting should be to just play each file bit for bit, as it is in most other music players.

I've tried Amarok, but I cannot express the frustration I've had in words just trying to get it to play files in sequence without any nonsense. As far as I can figure, it's impossible. Moving from track to track, Amarok usually skips ahead a few seconds, sometimes even a minute or two. Switching tracks manually produces similar results. It also has a tendency to cut off the end of tracks (much like juK's cross-fading).

This is with xine as the phonon backend, and KDE 4.3.1 on Arch (just upgraded last night).
neverendingo
Administrator
OS

Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:11 am

New to KDE Software? - get help from Userbase or ask questions on the Forums
Communicate.
STiAT
Registered Member

Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:51 pm
Not backported to 4.3 as I know. 4.4 should include this.