This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

minirok: Fails to play the next song in the queue

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kap4lin
Registered Member
OS
I like the simple getup of Minirok very much. But with the latest KDE, there is a very annoying bug - It fails to play the next song in the queue. I've filed a bug report here, but haven't received any response. Does anyone use minirok? Is there any solution? Would recompiling from source help (similar to digikam)?

Sidux 2010.01 (Debian/Sid) - Intel i5 M 540, 4 GB RAM, Nvidia NVS 3100M on Lenovo T410
Mhirdo
Registered Member
OS
I encounter the exact same problem with Amarok and Juk, on an Arch Linux system with KDE 4.3.00. Using GStreamer as the 'sound backend', or what ever you want to call it. :P No idea how to fix it, though...
sandsmark
KDE Developer
OS
Try using the Xine backend. the GStreamer has a couple of known bugs (and seems to be unmaintaned at the moment).

Also, you might want to try the Yanihp/Jerboa player. It should be a bit more lightweight.

Mhirdo
Registered Member
OS
sandsmark wrote:Try using the Xine backend.

Thanks sandsmark, it works like a charm! ;D
kap4lin
Registered Member
OS
Where can I find jerboa? Don't seem to find it in Debian repo...

My system setting already lists Xine followed by GStreamer as the backends. A new development is that minirok can not play any file. It just runs through the playlist in 1 sec. Done! Amarok plays fine.

Sidux 2010.01 (Debian/Sid) - Intel i5 M 540, 4 GB RAM, Nvidia NVS 3100M on Lenovo T410
sandsmark
KDE Developer
OS
kap4lin wrote:Where can I find jerboa? Don't seem to find it in Debian repo...

http://fredemmott.co.uk/projects (scroll down).

kap4lin wrote:My system setting already lists Xine followed by GStreamer as the backends. A new development is that minirok can not play any file. It just runs through the playlist in 1 sec. Done! Amarok plays fine.

Sounds like a Minirok issue, then.

kap4lin
Registered Member
OS
sandsmark wrote:http://fredemmott.co.uk/projects (scroll down).

Too many dependency issues in compiling... I am surprised there is no Debian package :(

sandsmark
KDE Developer
OS
kap4lin wrote:Too many dependency issues in compiling... I am surprised there is no Debian package :(

AFAIK, it just needs Qt (with Phonon).