This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

kaffeine player:

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
LongDriver01
Registered Member
OS

kaffeine player:

Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:03 am
All my DVD's play in the MPlayer, so why do they "NOT" play in Kaffeine player?
I tried to register on the kaffeine forum. Unable to register due to bot question image. The image is broken into small pieces, therefore unreadable. If I can't read the image I can't answer the question. If I can't answer the question then I can't register on the site. Unable to contact the forum admin's, to inform them of the situation. it simply will not allow me to do so without registering.
Kaffeine player will not play DVD's. When I place a DVD into the DVD drive, kaffeine player says it is "unable to read source eg: there is no disk in drive", even though there is actually a DVD in the DVD drive.
When I click on the "details" button it tells me "A MPEG-2 system stream demuxer plugin is required to play this stream, but not installed". What does that mean?
It also says "gstdecodebin.c(988)close_pod_link():GstPlayBin:play/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0:"
and "gstdecodebin.c(1691)grn_source_element():/GstPlayBin:play/GstDecodeBin:"
What does all that mean?
john_hudson
Registered Member
OS

Re: kaffeine player:

Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:08 am
It means that you lack some of the codecs required to use Kaffeine. I'm not sure how PCLOS handles such matters but it is normally simply a matter of downloading them from a repository.

John Hudson, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.