This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Pulseaudio ecc

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ott0disk
Registered Member
OS

Pulseaudio ecc

Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:44 pm
Hi all,that's my first post on this forum,btw i would expose in issue with my system,i 'm running kde 4.3.1 under debian,my problem is that o can't play multiple audio outputs,so i had chosen to install pulseaudio,but i don't know how to get it working with phonon and xine or also with phonon and gstreamer,all helps will be appreciate.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: Pulseaudio ecc

Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:26 pm
If standard Xine or GStreamer applications work fine with Pulseaudio then Phonon should also. You may need to select the Pulseaudio device in System Settings > Multimedia.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
ott0disk
Registered Member
OS

Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:51 pm
thanks for the reply,i now have moved up the pulseaudio device in the preferring list,it works,i can hear audio trough pulseaudio server,but when i tried to do the test while listening music,systemsettings crashed,just one time,but however i can't even play multiple outputs,i don't know how to do that.
/Edit Systemsettings crashes every time i attempt to test the sound while hearing something in background(flash).
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:01 pm
Does trying to use two Phonon applications work now that the output device has been changed?

KDE Sysadmin
ott0disk
Registered Member
OS

Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:55 pm
okay,playing two different videos with dragon and kaffeine works,i heard the audios simultaneously,so the audio works well,but just with apps that uses phonon??Because i use "qtmpdclient"(MPD daemon) to listen music and it doesn't work in multiple outputs like dragonplayer or kaffeine,same thing to the flash audio....
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:08 am
This sounds like those applications are not using Pulseaudio. Your distribution is usually responsible for configuring ALSA correctly, so that DMix functions correctly, and Pulseaudio is used if available.

Try this guide: http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=12497

KDE Sysadmin
ott0disk
Registered Member
OS

Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:51 am
thanks,this seems to be the right way,i'll try...