This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

juk not playing songs

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: juk not playing songs

Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:22 am
The problem has been found. Please ensure that you have installed all Xine packages needed by your system to operate, and that they are all fully up to date.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
dreamz
Registered Member
OS

Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:43 am
thanks. i initially installed only libxine1-ffmpeg. i looked at the other xine packages, but i'm not sure which one is needed for this particular song.

also, everything else works fine. any idea why this particular song doesn't? maybe i can re-encode it.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:59 am
I have no idea why it won't play, but odds are you will need to use mencoder if ffmpeg won't handle it.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
jojohippo
Registered Member

Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:08 am
Hi, I'm having similar problems. I'm using Kubuntu 9.10 and I've installed the kubuntu-restricted-extras package but Juk/Amarok/dragon player can't play mp3 files. I'm able to play avi video files fine and sound seems to work on the system. libxine1-ffmpeg is installed. I've also tried using the phonon gstreamer backend with gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly but it wasn't able to play any of the audio/video files I tried. How do I use mencoder?
jojohippo
Registered Member

Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:33 pm
My problem was solved by deleting the ~/.xine directory in my home folder ;D .