This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KMix doesn't like my sound card

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
DanceDon'tSlip
Registered Member

KMix doesn't like my sound card

Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:50 pm
I have an M-Audio Delta 1010LT. You see, all of the card outputs start with DAC, and each output is mono. However, in pairs they act as stereo, i.e. DAC is left and DAC 2 is right, DAC 3 is left and DAC 4 is right, and so forth.

And then comes the problem - I can only control the volume of one of those at a time, which makes a simple task such as volume adjustment more of a pain than it should be. Adjusting the volume via the tray or the media keys on the keyboard only adjusts DAC, which pretty much makes that aspect useless.

Is there any way to link or join these two channels in KMix? :(
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: KMix doesn't like my sound card

Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:54 am
Whilst this is not possible from the KMix user interface, you could change the ALSA configuration, which may be able to make this function correctly.

You may also wish to check with (Right Click in KMix main window) > Device Channels.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
TheBlackCat
Registered Member
OS

Re: KMix doesn't like my sound card

Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:14 pm
Kmix doesn't really have any control over this, it gets its information from the underlying sound system.

Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965