This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

1 promblem, 2 sound cards.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
JasonKDE
Registered Member
OS

1 promblem, 2 sound cards.

Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:25 am
Yep,
i have a creative xfi and a HDA intel.
If i cant pull off the bellow idea i would like to just uninstall the HDA.

Here is what i'd prefer to do: use the intel for my mic/headphone for skype and the xfi for everything els.
So i guess i'm trying to assign different programs to different cards....

Any ideas?
if not that how do i remove a card?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: 1 promblem, 2 sound cards.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:15 am
Unfortunately Skype does not support Phonon or Pulseaudio, so you will likely need to configure it in the application itself as to which microphones / speakers it uses. If Skype were a native KDE application it oculd be done from System Settings > Multimedia.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
JasonKDE
Registered Member
OS

Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:15 am
bcooksley wrote:Unfortunately Skype does not support Phonon or Pulseaudio, so you will likely need to configure it in the application itself as to which microphones / speakers it uses. If Skype were a native KDE application it oculd be done from System Settings > Multimedia.

Stangly, skype is not the promble. everything ells is. skype is working fine right now on the intell card. everything ells is quite or on the wrong card
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:46 am
For KDE applications, ensure that you do not have Pulseaudio present as it will cause issues. Then select the appropriate output in System Settings > Multimedia for each category.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]