This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Are there any methods to do with the oss4 kmix work?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Spring0105
Registered Member
OS
I am using alsa ossv4 and not because obviously OSS4 works much better than the long-term consumption of system resources alsa, the sound quality and function.But in this new version of KDE 4.2.2 kmix does not support ossv4, when you open the kmix is blank, there is no slider. I have asked many of my friends but they did not give me any good solution. I just want to know if there were any methods to do with the oss4 kmix work? thank you guys in advance
sandsmark
KDE Developer
OS
AFAIK, there's some OSSv4 support in KMix, but you have to enable it when you build KDEMultimedia/KMix.

Mamarok
Manager
OS
Also, KDE 4.2.x is not exactly new, the latest stable KDE is currently 4.3.4...

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Anonymo
Registered Member
OS
sandsmark wrote:AFAIK, there's some OSSv4 support in KMix, but you have to enable it when you build KDEMultimedia/KMix.

What's the option to enable it?