This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KMix - control multiple volumes

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
GODLiKE
Registered Member

KMix - control multiple volumes

Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:52 am
Hi everybody,

Is there a way (or is there a plan for this to be implemented in the future) to control multiple channels volume with KMix? In GNOME I used to be able to bind several volumes (from different controls, e.g. master, wave, wave front, etc) and then upon pressing volumeup or volumedown, all volumes would be lowered or raised.

The reason I ask this is because I own a SB Live! 5.1 card with a home theater setup, and different volumes control the different channels. There's no "one volume fits all" kind of thing, so if I want to globally raise or lower the volume on my speakers, I have to do so on several different channels. The only workaround I could come up with is using bash scripts with amixer commands in it, and assign those scripts to the keyboard keys using khotkeys. But doing it this way, I lose the volume level OSD that would popup if I used KMix.

Is there anything that can be done on this?

Thanks in advance

GODLiKE.-
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: KMix - control multiple volumes

Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:54 pm
Whilst this isn't possible at this time, I suggest you file a feature request at bugs.kde.org.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
GODLiKE
Registered Member

Re: KMix - control multiple volumes

Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:40 am
Thanks, I submitted a feature request: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=219912. Hope it gets the devs' attention :)

Cheers

GODLiKE.-