This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

hdmi - how to switch audio & video with 1 key?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bauerbob
Registered Member
OS
Hi,

I use hdmi sometimes to see&hear a movie on my big tv screen, playing it on my laptop. It's working fine with KDE 4.3.4, I can enable video in krandr and for audio I have to move the hdmi device to the top in the multimedia settings.

Is there a way to do this quicker?
Are there also console commands for these tasks that I can use for scripting? Maybe with the help of d-bus...?

I'd like to have just one hotkey for switching both, audio&video to hdmi (and probably the same hotkey to switch them back).
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
You should be able to use the xrandr command to manually adjust the screen if KRandR does not provide a sufficiently powerful D-Bus interface.

Not sure if Phonon has the capability though. You could try switching the configuration file in ~/.config/kde.org/libphonon.conf

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
romainht
Registered Member
OS
Hello,
I have the same problem to switch easily phonon's output. I hope developers will provide a command line interface soon.
Regarding video switch, I use xrandr
Code: Select all
xrandr --output DFP2 --auto
xrandr --output DFP1 --off

romainht, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.