This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KMix settings don't hold Fedora 12 KDE 4.3.4 64 bit.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dwightpaige79
Registered Member
OS
How can I get volume setting to 'stick' in Fedora 12 64 bit? It seems like Fedora may not have integrated pulseaudio with KDE yet or something? This isn't a problem in openSUSE and is easily fixable in Mandriva [by disabling pulseaudio in MCC and running alsamixer and alsactl store]. It doesn't seem easy or preferable to disable pulse audio in Fedora so I'm left with a volume control that changes every time I reboot to something that I, the neighbors, the children, and the pets don't want. Where to look for a solution? Running alsamixer and alsactl store does nothing much with pulseaudio enabled.

Code: Select all
$ lspci                 
00:10.1 Audio device: nVidia Corporation MCP51 High Definition Audio (rev a2)

$ /sbin/lsmod | grep -c snd

$ cat /proc/asound/cards
 0 [NVidia         ]: HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia
                      HDA NVidia at 0xfe024000 irq 22   

Obviously will provide any additional hardware/software/config information needed.

Thanks,
Dwight Paige
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
If you can, update to KDE 4.4 when it is released, as its version of KMix has much improved Pulseaudio support.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
dwightpaige79
Registered Member
OS
bcooksley wrote:If you can, update to KDE 4.4 when it is released, as its version of KMix has much improved Pulseaudio support.

Thanks. I'll try that as soon as it becomes available.

Thanks,
Dwight Paige