This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

dragon player and loopy

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Tondu
Registered Member
OS

dragon player and loopy

Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:04 pm
With KDE4.4, dragon player has not gained any new feature and the last commits in trunk are several months old. It is a pity that the official video player of KDE SC is in this state.

Recently, a new phonon player named loopy was released on kde-apps :

http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Loopy?content=120880

For now, loopy is very young and lacks many feature as subtitle support for instance. But it also has a great UI (awesome full screen bar) and is fully themable. As it aims to be a 'simple player' as dragon does, I wonder why the 2 projetcs does not merge in order to make the official KDE SC player benefits from the developments introduced in loopy and from the functions already implemented in dragon ?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: dragon player and loopy

Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:24 am
This is simply a case of loopy's developer and the developer of Dragon Player not working together.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Tondu
Registered Member
OS

Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:00 am
I understand, but I wonder if there is any new feature planned for dragon as nothing is pointed in techbase and there is no commit in trunk too.

My point is maybe the loopy's dev is more available to take care from dragon and add new feature.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:48 am
It would be up to the developer of Loopy to "step up" in this case, and with maintainers permission, add features.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]