This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Select application for Photo Import

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
alexanderplatz
Registered Member
OS

Select application for Photo Import

Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:06 am
Hi there,

I am running an OpenSuse 11.2 system with KDE and a Casio Exilim EX50 Digital Camera. The system was updated from Opensuse 10.3. In the old version I used the Gnome desktop but since quite some things did not work as intended under Gnome in Opensuse 11.2, I changed to the standard KDE desktop in 11.2.

When I press the USB button on the Casio camera holder, KDE offers to open the camera as file folder or import the pictures using Digikam. The import with Digikam works fine in principle. The problem is that I would like to continue using F-Spot since all my old photos are imported in this application already.

My question: How can I configure KDE such that F-Spot is used instead of Digikam to import the pictures ?

I have not found any documentation on the mechanism used for this KDE camera import dialogue. If you have hints on where this documenation is, please let me know.

Please do not suggest to use Digikam or other photo management applications like Picasa, I would like to stay with F-Spot, thanks.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
You need to edit the file /usr/share/kde4/apps/solid/actions/digikam-opencamera.desktop

Change the Exec line to run F-Spot as needed, you will need to consult the F-Spot documentation as to what the command will need to be..

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]