This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Volume control keybindings in KDE-3.5?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
spoovy
Registered Member
OS
I am loving CentOS with KDE-3.5, but the only thing I can't work out how to do is set key bindings to change master volume. The volume dial on my laptop is broken so I generally set the C^up and C^down buttons to do the same job.

In 4.x there is a GUI to set this up, as there is in GNOME and others, but I can't find anything similar in 3.5. I assume you lovely people will have already worked this one out and are just dying to help me out..
o)

cheers

spoov
Hans
Administrator
OS
I'm sure that there's a way to set this in KDE3 as I've done it. Try to open up KMix and go to Settings -> Global Shortcuts, if there's such an entry.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
spoovy
Registered Member
OS
Great! It was indeed under Kmix - settings - global shortcuts. I can't believe I never found that!
Thanks again.
Hans
Administrator
OS
Nice to hear. If you're satisfied with the answer, please mark the topic as solved by clicking on Image under the post with the answer. :)

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts