This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KMix Mute Problem

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
flightman
Registered Member
OS

KMix Mute Problem

Thu May 20, 2010 11:38 am
Hello,

I have a problem with muting volume in KMix. I have a multimedia key "Mute" on my keyboard assigned to the "Mute key shortcut" in KDE settings, but it does nothing when I press the key (only the volume OSD pop-ups).
So, I tried to solve the problem another way - via using qbus but there is another problem:

This WORKS fine for me:
Code: Select all
qdbus org.kde.kmix /Mixer0 org.kde.KMix.decreaseVolume Master:0

This does NOTHING:
Code: Select all
qdbus org.kde.kmix /Mixer0 org.kde.KMix.toggleMute Master:0
qdbus org.kde.kmix /Mixer0 org.kde.KMix.setMute Master:0 on

Is there something that I do wrong or is this a known bug?

OpenSUSE 11.2 x64, KDE 4.4.3
Hans
Administrator
OS

Re: KMix Mute Problem

Thu May 20, 2010 12:23 pm
If you middle click on the KMix icon in system tray (or click on it and check Mute), does it work?

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
flightman
Registered Member
OS

Thu May 20, 2010 3:52 pm
Hans wrote:If you middle click on the KMix icon in system tray (or click on it and check Mute), does it work?

Middle click doesn't work.
Another shortcut doesn't work.
There is no "Mute" checkbox after clicking the icon, only a scroll bar to change Master volume.
Hans
Administrator
OS

Thu May 20, 2010 11:38 pm
flightman wrote:There is no "Mute" checkbox after clicking the icon, only a scroll bar to change Master volume.

I think we found your problem :). What soundcard do you use? Which master channel do you have selected (right click on KMix -> Select Master Channel).

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
flightman
Registered Member
OS

Fri May 21, 2010 11:11 am
Hans wrote:
flightman wrote:There is no "Mute" checkbox after clicking the icon, only a scroll bar to change Master volume.

I think we found your problem :). What soundcard do you use? Which master channel do you have selected (right click on KMix -> Select Master Channel).

I am using Audigy 2 ZS and I have selected "Master" as Master Channel.
Hans
Administrator
OS

Fri May 21, 2010 1:42 pm
I did a quick search and found a user with the same problem: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=364174
Unfortunately no solutions are given, and it's with KDE3.

Maybe you can try to select "PCM" as your master channel. Other than that, I don't have any ideas on how to fix it.

flightman
Registered Member
OS

Sat May 22, 2010 6:26 am
Switching to PCM does not help, too :(
Do you know if this is reported as a bug?