This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Some desktop effects not working with Ctrl+FN key

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
brettgpalmer
Registered Member
OS
I'm running kubuntu KDE 4.4.2. The desktop effects have been working great for a few weeks now. I recently changed some settings on the effects and now none of the effects that use the Ctrl+<some key> work.

For example, I can't jump to a particular desktop using the Ctrl+Fn key. I can't bring up the "desktop cube" effect using the default Ctrl+F11 command.

All of these effects are enabled but are not working. Effects such as wobbly windows, translucency, magic lamp, etc are working correctly so its not like all effects are broken.

Does anyone know if there is a configuration problem with my setup or how I could debug this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Brett
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Please check to make sure the desired effects are enabled in System Settings > Desktop > Desktop Effects > Effects.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
brettgpalmer
Registered Member
OS
Thanks for the reply. The effects are enabled. As I said previously most the effects are working fine but for some reason using the CNTL+key combination doesn't work. If I change them from the defaults they begin to work again. I would just like to know why the default configuration isn't working. Is something conflicting with the configuration?

Brett
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
You may be experiencing something similar to this user: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=87996&start=10

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]