This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KsCD and Amarok don't play Audio CD's

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
arquerodefuego
Registered Member
OS
Hello. I am from Spain, so sorry if my english is not very good ;)

This is my first post, and it is to say that since two or three days ago I've realized that KsCD and Amarok don't play audio CD's. It is not a problem with the sound, because I can hear music from my hard disk and SMPlayer (which I installed for doing the test) can play the CD's. K3B can also extract the tracks perfectly.

What is more stranger is that both KsCD and Amarok can eject the CD. Amarok even can read the number of tracks and add them to the playlist, but when I click the Play button it does nothing.

If I launch KsCD from Konsole I get this

Code: Select all
xxxx@debian:~$ kscd
Query failed: Cannot open '/dev/cdrom'
This CD was not found.

In System Settings, the path to the drive is /dev/cdrom, as it has always been. In Device Actions, KsCD has two properties:
1- Property match - Storage Volume - Ignored = false
2- Property match - Optical Disc - Available content = audio

I am using KDE SC 4.4.4 from Debian repos.

I'm not sure if it is a bug or just a bad configuration of my system; if I am told that it is a bug, I'll send a bug report.

Thanks.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
This is most likely an issue with the audiocd-KIO slave, since both KsCD and Amarok use it. AFAIK there should already be a bug report about that.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
arquerodefuego
Registered Member
OS
OK, thanks for your answer.

Can I submit the bug then by cliking the bug button in my first comment?
Mamarok
Manager
OS
No, that bug button is for reporting a post to the moderators, not for bug reports at all, and as I said, there already is a bug report for it, no need to open another one.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
arquerodefuego
Registered Member
OS
Thanks, I didn't know the exact use of that button. And now you assure the bug is reported, I though you were doing a guess before.

Anyway, I hope this bug was resolved soon.

Thanks again.