This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

help with music player created using Qt Creator IDE 4.5

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
vijay
Registered Member
OS
Hi,

I have created a simple music player using Qt creator IDE.

As I add mp3 files to my playlist and then play them using this music player, it is unable to play anything and mediaObject->state() continously returns Phonon::LoadingState . This means that mediaObject is not coming out of loading state but why is this so and how can i overcome this problem.

Secondly, as I try to add an audio file of .wav or .ogg format , i get the following error

(<unknown>:1998: GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_make_from_uri: assertion `gst_uri_is_valid (uri)' failed

I tried running the Phonon music player available at link http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7-snapshot...sicplayer.html also , but suffered from same problems with this music player as well.

i downloaded KMPlayer which is a media player built using Qt and Phonon.This music player is also unable to play any audio file and i get similar results with it.
i.e. no errors with .mp3 files , yet player shows Player Phonon Buffering State as i try to play any audio file and hence does not play any sound.
And it shows similar error as abovementioned with .wav and .ogg files

I am using Ubuntu 9.10. and have installed Qt 4.5

Please help me with the above problems.

Thanks in advance.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Are you sure you have all the necessary codecs installed? Also, are you using Gnome or KDE? You could have some conflicts with Pulseaudio which is installed by default in Gnome...
Also, using the gstreamer backend is not necessarily the best idea since it is not really maintained anymore, you should try either the xine or the vlc backend (the latter is available in the git repository of Phonon, not released yet but very usable).

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
ivan
KDE Developer
OS
You shouldn't create multiple topics for the same thing. (topic locked)

Original topic: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=88904