This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kremotecontrol not working

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Rettich
Registered Member
OS

Kremotecontrol not working

Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:44 pm
Well, I want to use the remote control with KDE, but it does not work. I'm sure the control sends key events, so the problem is somewhere in KDE (or LIRC??).

The lirc daemon is running and I have configured some simple actions like in-/decreasing volume with the KCM module. Testing the actions also worked. But if I press the keys on the remote control nothing happens.

Then I had a look at the kded configuration module. It says that krcd is not started. When I try to start it, there is just an error message that it could not start the krcd, without any additional information.

I'm using openSuse 11.3 with KDE 4.5.1 (form the factory repository)

Murphy's Law is recursive. Washing your car to make it rain doesn't work.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: Kremotecontrol not working

Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:00 am
Have you checked the content of ~/.xsession-errors? It may indicate why it failed to start.
Also, try the following: kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Rettich
Registered Member
OS

Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:40 pm
kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental did not help.

The only interesting thing from .xsession-errors I got, was when I plugged in the DVB-T stick (which comes with the remote control I want to use):
Code: Select all
QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::ejectPressed(QString) to SolidAutoEject::onEjectPressed(QString)
QObject::connect: Cannot connect (null)::ejectPressed(QString) to SolidAutoEject::onEjectPressed(QString)
Object::connect: No such signal Solid::Button::pressed(int, const QString &)

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with KRemotecontrol.

I also figured out that lirc seams to work fine. Because as soon as I stop the lirc, KRemotecontrol starts to complain that there are no remote conrols available.

Murphy's Law is recursive. Washing your car to make it rain doesn't work.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:41 am
Unfortunately I have never used KRemoteControl so I don't know what the problem could be. You could try enabling all the debug output to see if it mentions anything however. You can do this using kdebugdialog.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]