This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

State of kio_audiocd in KDE 4.5

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
arquerodefuego
Registered Member
OS

State of kio_audiocd in KDE 4.5  Topic is solved

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:06 pm
Hello, people. I am asking for just an answer: "yes" or "no" :)

Is the kio_audiocd working again in KDE 4.5?

I use Debian Testing, which is frozen at this moment, with KDE 4.4.5. So, for me, neither KsCD nor Amarok can read audio CD (Mamarok told me it was a bug, already reported).

I just want to know if it is fixed in KDE 4.5, so when Squeeze will be released and the packages for KDE 4.5 reach the future testing I will be able to listen to my CD's.

Thanks.
google01103
Manager

Re: State of kio_audiocd in KDE 4.5

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:20 pm
do you know which bug?

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

arquerodefuego
Registered Member
OS

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:31 pm
No, I'm sorry. But I can describe you the situation: when I put an audio CD, the device notifier offers me to open it with KsCD (among others). I click this option, KsCD opens, but it dosn't play, not even show the playlist. Amarok, sometimes, detects the CD, but it dosn't play either.

So I use SMPlayer to listen to my CD's, but this app isn't so powerful to play CD's as Amarok is.

Which distro do you use? Do you have this behavior?

And thanks for your time.
google01103
Manager

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:48 pm
I have what I believe is a diff issue and have posted the bug https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=251915, was wondering if your's might be related

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

arquerodefuego
Registered Member
OS

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:03 pm
For me, K3b works fine. And Amarok and KsCD don't crash, they do nothing.

So although there are similarities, I think my case is different.

But, again, I just want to know if KsCD works fine in KDE 4.5, or in KDE 4.4 but other distro than Debian. If so, it may be related to Debian, and then my chances are: wait for a fix in Debian, change to other distro, or maybe keep on using SMPlayer :)
Kryten2X4B
Registered Member
OS

Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:32 pm
Well, for what it's worth...

I don't use KsCD, but have successfully played AudioCDs in Amarok 2.3.1 in KDE 4.5.0. I haven't yet tried in in 2.3.2 and 4.5.1 respectively, since I usually rip my CDs to keep the songs on the harddrive rather than having to bring CDs with me as well as the laptop.

And speaking of ripping...I have used the kio-slave to rip music as well (using Dolphin). However, on my desktop system with two optical drives it only works using sr1 for some reason. Sr0 sees the disc but the kio-slave refuses to do something with it. No issues on the single-drive laptop as far as I can tell.

OpenSUSE 11.4, 64-bit with KDE 4.6.4
Proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
arquerodefuego
Registered Member
OS

Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:16 am
Thanks again. It must be something specific of Debian, then, so I'll be patient o)