This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Mic problems

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sr.vinay
Registered Member
OS

Mic problems

Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:17 am
Basically, my mic's not working on Kubuntu. It used to work on Ubuntu and works on Windows. It doesn't on Kubuntu.
I've played around with settings in KMix, but in vain.
I've chosen the proper channels(Internal Analog is the only option available for the mic). I've unmuted it(it was mute by default).
How do I fix it?
iedkwok
Registered Member
OS

Re: Mic problems

Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:50 pm
Hi all,

I am running into the same issues. I am running Kubuntu 10.10, and KDE disktop. Originally Skype works, and now the mic wouldn't record. My Kmix don't have a mic mute option.

The previous version has a nice mixing interface showing all your sound and mic, what happen to the kmix version installed with kubuntu 10.10? Can someone recommend another mixer. I have a feeling my mic is mute as well, but don't where to un-mute it.... thanks.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:15 pm
If you are running Kubuntu 10.10 make sure you have pavucontrol installed. There also is a plasma widget called Veromix that allows you to control the various output channels.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
iedkwok
Registered Member
OS

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:12 am
Thanks got it to work, the plasma Veromix didn't not show a mic interface.

Last edited by iedkwok on Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
iedkwok
Registered Member
OS

Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:14 am
how do you get and install the veromix plasma? thanks....
TheBlackCat
Registered Member
OS

Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:05 am
Right click on the desktop-> add widgets -> get new widgets (near the top-right corner) -> plasma widgets -> search for "veromix".

You can either drag and drop it on the panel, or add it to the system tray: right click on the system tray -> system tray setting -> check "Veromix".

Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965