This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

hdmi video and audio

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ibower83
Registered Member
OS

hdmi video and audio

Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:00 pm
Hello -

I'm having a hell of a time here.

I installed Kubuntu 10. When it installed my HDMI video and Audio worked. (with the exception of internet sourced audio!)

Last night I downloaded a driver for the native audio handler (phonon) and now NO Audio works at all. AND the Hdmi is being inteerpreted as DFP1 - which I have never heard of.

help!

thanks..

*edit* Good lord. The volume was muted!! not only that but the internet sound is working after the update!!

I still have the problem of the HDMI video output though. The only major issue I am having is that the video doesn't fill the whole screen, it is inset about 3 inches all around the border.

Any thoughts on this?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: hdmi video and audio

Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:54 pm
An update or any other change to Phonon will generally not have these issues. I can guess that Pulseaudio, which was previously uninstalled, has now been installed, which is why the audio from Flash based internet sites now functions.

Where did you download this driver from exactly? Your graphical issues seem related to your graphics driver. Try changing the selected resolution for the screen(s) using System Settings > Display & Monitor.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]